Posted on 8th Jan 2021
Here at GQ Tobaccos, we understand the importance of keeping your tobacco pipe clean and sanitised whilst enjoying the best smoke.
For this blog, we are going to share some handy tips for sanitising your pipe.
1. Buy Pipe Cleaner - You will need a soft and hard pipe cleaner while using grain alcohol for sanitising and not isopropyl alcohol. Alternatively, you can use an ultrasonic cleaner with warm water which removes resin and tar from the estate pipe and speeds up the entire cleaning process. However, on some tobacco pipes, it could weaken the epoxy joints of horn, ivory or metal band editions.
2. Seperate the components of your pipe by sliding or unscrewing the stem from the bowl.
3. Dunk the hard pipe cleaner into the alcohol and clean the pipe stem by running it back and forth. Once you think it is clean, insert a dry pipe cleaner and if it comes out clean your task is complete. If this is not the case, repeat this step. Remember, never reuse pipe cleaners plus they are relatively inexpensive so you will not mind throwing them out.
4. Remove resin and tar build-up on the inside of the bowl using a scraping tool.
5. Fold an alcohol drained pipe cleaner in half and clean the bowl and the air hole inside by gently rubbing the sides of the bowl and sticking the pipe cleaner into the tenon. All residue needs to be wiped off using a dry pipe cleaner.
6. Rub and wipe the outside of the bowl using alcohol on a paper towel or cloth and let it dry.
If you have any questions about the best ways to sanitise your tobacco pipe, please do not hesitate to contact GQ Tobaccos today.
We are the leading supplier of Dunhill pipes, tobacco and accessories for customers all over the world.