Posted on 8th Jan 2021
Here at GQ Tobaccos, we understand the importance of keeping your tobacco pipe clean and sanitised whilst enjoying the best smoke.
For this blog, we are going to share some handy tips for sanitising your pipe.
1. Buy Pipe Cleaner - You will need a soft and hard pipe cleaner while using grain alcohol for sanitising and not isopropyl alcohol. Alternatively, you can use an ultrasonic cleaner with warm water which removes resin and tar from the estate pipe and speeds up the entire cleaning process. However, on some tobacco pipes, it could weaken the epoxy joints of horn, ivory or metal band editions.
2. Seperate the components of your pipe by sliding or unscrewing the stem from the bowl.
3. Dunk the hard pipe cleaner into the alcohol and clean the pipe stem by running it back and forth. Once you think it is clean, insert a dry pipe cleaner and if it comes out clean your task is complete. If this is not the case, repeat this step. Remember, never reuse pipe cleaners plus they are relatively inexpensive so you will not mind throwing them out.
4. Remove resin and tar build-up on the inside of the bowl using a scraping tool.
5. Fold an alcohol drained pipe cleaner in half and clean the bowl and the air hole inside by gently rubbing the sides of the bowl and sticking the pipe cleaner into the tenon. All residue needs to be wiped off using a dry pipe cleaner.
6. Rub and wipe the outside of the bowl using alcohol on a paper towel or cloth and let it dry.
If you have any questions about the best ways to sanitise your tobacco pipe, please do not hesitate to contact GQ Tobaccos today.
We are the leading supplier of Dunhill pipes, tobacco and accessories for customers all over the world.
GQ Tobaccos know all of the essentials to have a great smoke from one of our tobacco pipes, including the best supplies to keep handy. For our latest post, we are going to tell you all about the pipe-smoking must-haves.6 Essentials for Pipe Smoking Pipe Roll - While not completely necessary, having a pipe roll or a [...]
When Christopher Columbus first discovered America he also discovered the tobacco pipe. The pipe was an essential part of native culture, to be shared during times of negotiation and celebration.Columbus and other explorers brought the concept home and history was made!Since the 19th-century pipes have been made from Briar, a hard fire-resistant wood from the [...]
** Updated 3rd of November**The UK will be starting another lockdown this week, we will be open for online and phone orders as usual and will be working through this lock down just like the last. There is no need to panic buy from us, our office will be running at normal capacity. I would [...]
As most of you are very aware menthol cigarettes will be banned on the 20th of May 2020. We thought, here at GQ Tobaccos, we would clarify the changes as there have been many conflicting stories in the media. The European Tobacco Product Directive has decided to ban menthol cigarettes to try and reduce the [...]
** Update 1st of April. The website is still operating as normal. Orders may take a little longer to receive as the Royal Mail is experiencing delays or 1 to 2 days in some areas. Our website is open as normal, we will carry on shipping orders as long as the Royal Mail keep operating and [...]
Last week I was lucky enough to be invited on a trip to Brazil for a “Journey of Discovery” and an insight to Ritmeester’s tobacco world!! Ritmeester are behind some of the best miniature cigars on the UK market. You might be familiar with their products such as Royal Dutch Cigarillos, Royal [...]
Earlier this summer I was lucky enough to experience a trip to the home and factory of Erik Nording. It was a real privilege to be able to go out to Denmark and meet Erik Nording. I have always had a soft spot for Nording pipes as one of my first premium pipes that really got me in [...]
It has been a busy few weeks for me, two weeks ago I was lucky enough to be able to visit the Dunhill factory which has been on my bucket list for a long time! I can confidently say it did not disappoint!! I have never seen so many pipes in my life, I believe [...]
Peder Jeppsen from Neerup produces some of my favourite pipes on the market. I am pleased to say we have just received a shipment of pipes from him which are now on the site! Neerup pipes are unlike anything [...]