From time to time a pipe needs a thorough clean, pipe cleaners do a great job at mopping up moisture and removing bits of ash/dottle. Even with regular care, piep stems can become bitter and taint the taste of your favourite tobacco. To keep your stems clean and with a neutral taste, we carry the Deniclean, stem cleaner. Based on Isopropyl alcohol, this stem cleaner is fast working and easy to use.
How to use
- With the pipe cold and rested for at least 4 hours, remove the stem and dip a pipe cleaner into the bottle of Deniclean.
- Run the pipe cleaner through the stem until it shows from the bottom end, leave for 15-30 minutes. This allows the solution to start working.
- After the time has passed, pull the pipe through and discard
- Run another pipe cleaner through the stem and leave to dry for a few hours.
- Double check before use that the stem is dry, but running another pipe cleaner through. If still wet, leave again and test until dry. Always ensure the stem is dry and NEVER drink the solution.